Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Transformation Tuesday

Playing along again with Transformation Tuesday at Papertrey Ink.  This week, Melissa Phillips changed the "go-to"/lighter colors on her card to darker colors.  That was what I had in mind with my Transformation Tuesday, but I ended up changing quite a bit on it :).


I've had this pastel card for quite awhile because I haven't sent it to anyone, even though I do like it.  Love the pink glittered butterfly and sentiment from "Love Lives Here."  The text with the pink flowers from "Lacy Bouquet" over the top gives it a soft botanical look.  But, I haven't been inking my card edges lately, and I tend to reach for other cards to give.


I decided to keep the pastel background and the big bold flowers, but used the new "Stitching Garden" set, because I couldn't wait to try it out!  Then, I tried pairing it with bold jewel tones that tend not to be my "go-to" colors.


So fun!  Of course I had to keep a bit of the "old me" with my "Chicken Scratch" gingham paper. The sentiment from "Quilter's Sampler" works great with these stitched blooms.  Even though it's supposed to be stitched, I added a few Glossy Accents to highlight the colors.

I love Transformation Tuesday!  It really makes me think about how to change up my ole' card-making routines!

No comments: