Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Papertrey Ink Blog Hop for May



This month at Papertrey Ink, we were to be inspired by this lovely artwork by Sara Langtry from Just the Bees Knees for the blog hop...


Blog hop inspiration 

With Memorial Day weekend coming, and it being our 15th wedding anniversary today, I decided to make a card to celebrate!

I wanted to make a similar layout and summer theme.  So I decided on rows of squares to make a rustic flag.  I stamped squares from Quilter's Sampler in Versamark ink then heat embossed with white powder, and watercolored with Distress Inks.


I then die cut 3 "Celebrate Today" pieces from the Color Pop Floral mini kit.  I cut off the "today," glued the stack together with spray adhesive, then painted it with white crackle paint.  Edited to add: the woodgrain background paper is by Crate Paper.  I see the 12x12 pieces of it at stores here and there and always buy more!



Added some little star embellishments to finish off my rustic card.  This is sure to be an awesome hop, loved the inspiration piece!

20 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so fun! I love it!

A splash of color said...

What a neat idea.. love the theme and the watercolor backgrounds are great.

Judi G said...

What a clever card Kelly! Love this idea!

Bonnie said...

Love the rustic feel - very cool and great inspiration!

Sadie said...

What a unique take on the challenge! Well done! So many pretty detailsl

Luanne said...

Amazing project! Just wonderful!

Darnell said...

I love your rustic and country interpretation of the inspiration, Kelly! Happy Anniversary and many, many more!! Hugs, Darnell

Carmela said...

I love your card. Very original.

Lisa Elton said...

Fabulous Americana look Kelly, this is pretty!!

Betty Wright said...

WOW! Love the dimension and design! Wonderful design!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

This card is awesome! What a genius layout and design!

Jacquie Southas said...

Amazing folkart feel to this card! Fabulous!

Marcia Hill said...

Amazing card...love it!! And Happy Anniversary too!! :0)

Melissa L. said...

This is gorgeous, Kelly. What is the wood-grain paper? Lovely cards in the previous posts, all! Happy Anniversary to you! It is mine this weekend too! 22 lovely years. :)

Nancy Penir said...

Yipes! Wow! Amazing! Love love LOVE this! Sorry, have to case! That old set is brought right back to life here! Celebrate away, lady! After seeing your creation, I feel like celebrating too. Happy Anniversary! And many more!

Joyce said...

This is fantastic. Love all the different little squares. Happy anniversary!

Julia Aston said...

What a clever flag design using the quilt squares Kelly! Wishhing you and DH a very happy anniversary - and a wonderful Memorial Day weekend! Julia xx

Marybeth said...

Happy anniversary ! It's my daughters today also 15! Oh my gosh I love your flag idea! American quilt card and it's Awsome !

Gina said...

I love this - so fun for Memorial Day!

Patti said...

Happy Anniversary! your take on this challenge is delightful!! I love the little flag you made. Such a great summertime card!

Patti