Monday, March 31, 2014

12 Kits of Occasions...My Spring Kit!


It's the last day of March and time for another kit with the 12 Kits of Occasions!  This month I am your hostess, and my kit is to celebrate spring and Easter!  Kara made this lovely collage of all of the kit goodies which included flowers, bunnies, Easter eggs, and lots of lovely papers from the Pebbles "Front Porch" collection.

Up first is a CAS card featuring the Horizontal Cover Plate from Papertrey Ink over a sheet of Soft Stone cardstock embossed with the Woodgrain Impression Plate from A Muse Studio.



Love these Nestie Eggs from Waltzingmouse Stamps and a sweet bird paper clip from Prima.  The sentiment is from Waltzingmouse Stamps "Spring Baskets."

Next up is a little watering can die and some mini flowers called "Perfect Petioles" from Memory Box.  You can use them alone or stack them up to make layered blooms!  The sentiment is from A Muse Studio's "Kindred Spirits" set and the tag is cut with PTI's newest Tag Sale die.


This card was inspired by a sketch by Jen Mitchell at Freshly Made Sketches this week.  I used my picket fence as my "horizontal" strip toward the bottom :)!



The tulips are from PTI's Flower Fusion #11 and the sentiment from Take Three:  Spring.  The mini leaves are from Memory Box, as well as the little bunny with his bitty cottontail!




The bunny from Waltzingmouse Stamps "L'il Buddies" is one of my favorite images and I paired him up with some more WMS "Nestie Eggs" and little printed epoxy dots from Heidi Grace.  Added glossy accents to the heart on the mini egg to match.  The sentiment is also from "L'il Buddies."



This last card is a case from Melissa Phillips way back in February 2010 when "Take Three: Spring" debuted at PTI.  I have always wanted the set because of her cards that release, and finally ordered it this past February.  Here is Melissa's original card...


And here is my version...



So there you have it!  A little bit of spring...we need it here since we got 8 inches of heavy wet snow on Saturday! A big welcome to my friend Karen Stein who is our special guest this month!  You can see the links to Karen's blog and all of the "12 Kitters" HERE.  Our blog  has a lovely new look thanks to the sweet stylings of Tracey McNeely!!  You will find my supply list there, as well as links to our Facebook and Pinterest pages.  Thanks for stopping by today!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelly...this was one amazing kit and your cards are simply fabulous! I love each and every one of them and I am happy that I have a bunch of leftovers. Your sweet tag is my favorite of all you made, those little flowers are just too cute. Thank you again for such a sweet kit!

Jeanne J. said...

Wow ! Lots of gorgeous cards. I love the bird clip on the egg, all the layers and layers on those flowers in the watering can and all those adorable bunnies. Such a wonderful kit with so many wonderful combinations - everything coordinated beautifully!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Wow Kelly your cards are just gorgeous! I especially love your spring time bunny card with those pretty blooms! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Marybeth said...

First of all I loved this kit and could have kept on going.
Wow you sure made some awesome projects. Love your tag and I knew you would have one. Love the bunny egg with the gorgeous gingham bow. The tulips with the little fence is so stinking cute! Thanks for a great kit and beautiful inspiration Kelly. Loved the eggs too !

Sherrie M. said...

Gorgeous set of cards. I love your tag especially - going to be great with a nice spring gift.

Sherrie M. said...

Gorgeous set of cards. I love your tag especially - going to be great with a nice spring gift.

Jen Mitchell said...

What lovely spring-time projects! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Renee said...

One...this kit is incredible!!!
I love everything about it and I have so much more to do with it...
but I'm dying over that tag with those gorgeous blooms you made...
I need that die now!!
You layered them SO gorgeous!!
But that last card...
I die...
and now I want that set too!!
LOVE those bunny tails and can't wait to CASE!! :)
Thank you for such a gorgeous kit!!

Sharron said...

Kelly, your kit has been incredible! Loved everything!! All your cards are fabulous and your tag is A+ gorgeous. The flowers are amazing! Of course my favorite card would have to be the bunny one. He is so sweet nestled next to that big egg and the bow is perfect. Lots of inspiration here. Thanks so much for such a wonderful kit!

Deepti said...

These are so stunning, I saw ur card at FMS and I am so glad I dropped by to see such a creativity :) love them all :)

Joyce said...

Kelly--that was one amazing kit you sent out, and I had such fun playing with it. Thank you so much for all the care and love (and crafty supplies) you put into your kit. I love looking at your projects, because I can see the 'right' way to use some of the items that either stumped me or I didn't have time for. I sure hope we have a CASE your leftovers month soon.

Kara said...

so many beautiful cards with tons of detail, but that tag is so gorgeous!!!