Monday, January 27, 2014

Stencils 4...Texture!

Today may have been my favorite of the Stenciled class at Online Card Classes.  We learned about adding texture with stencils and I used Wendy Vecchi's  white embossing paste for the first time.  Soooo much fun!

Debby Hughes had the most fabulous suggestions and jaw-dropping sample cards.  I was inspired by her ideas and made this:


I spritzed the card first with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Verdigris which is a blue/green color with flecks of gold. Then after it dried, I used a stencil I made with the negative of PTI's Hexagon Coverplate and added the paste over just the top left corner and let it dry.


I stamped and die cut feathers from Waltzingmouse Stamps Fine Feathers set in peach (Fresh Ink) and Delicate Gold.  Bent them a little and cut into some of the edges to make them even more wispy.  Added just a bit of gold and white sparkle twine to catch some of the gold in the background.  This lovely sentiment is also from Fine Feathers.

I think I'll be using this idea to make more "thinking of you" type cards, such a soft and lovely look!

4 comments:

Marybeth said...

Oh Kelly this is beautiful! I love the way you used the paste and stencils .... . You sure made a gorgeous card....love the feathers !!!

Lisa Elton said...

Wow Kelly you achieved some GREAT texture on your card! This is fabulous!!

Betty said...

lovely card - and colors you chose make it even prettier

Deborah Frings said...

I missed the sign up for this class and got all the info yesterday. I'm looking forward to going through the lessons if I can make something as beautiful as this! I love the texture of the hexagons and the pretty colours!