Wednesday, March 20, 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KIM!

Today we are having a birthday blog hop for Kim Heggins!  She is such a sweet blogger, always leaving the loveliest comments.  I love how she uses colors on her cards and always just the right touch of embellishing. With that in mind, I made a card with some happy colors and a fancy brad :)  That's Kim to me!




I used cheerful springy papers from Echo Park's This & That "Graceful" Collection.  The stamps are the new Folk Art Labels No. 25 from Waltzingmouse Stamps topped with the butterfly from Nordic Spring (also WMS).  I embossed the butterfly in white over polka-dotted paper from the collection.

I heard that you have had some stressful days at work lately, Kim...so I hope today is filled with delicious treats, some relaxing moments, time with good friends & family...and lots of SMILES!  Have a great day!!!

There are more ladies waiting in line with warm wishes for Kim on her special day...


Supplies:
Stamps:  Folk Art Labels No. 25 & Nordic Spring, Waltzingmouse Stamps
Paper:  This & That Graceful Collection from Echo Park, PTI Rustic White
Ink:  Fresh Ink in Tuscan Olive and Strawberry, and Versamark
Other:  Spellbinders Picot Edge Circles and Labels 25 Nestabilities, Filagree Fine Detail embossing powder in white, twine, Basic Grey brad, pearl

11 comments:

Darnell said...

This is perfect for Kim, Kelly! BTW, are you one of the teachers over at the Online CAS class, "Patterned Paper?" Because if you aren't, you could be! You've done a brilliant job with your papers for Kim's card. And I adore that brad!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Kelly a gorgeous card for Kim. That butterfly looks wonderful surrounded by all that lovely patterned paper!

Jeanne J. said...

Kelly this is so pretty! I love the mix of papers and the brilliant colors you stamped in! Real eye candy here and can I just say YUMMMMM!

Marybeth said...

Wow Kelly! Fancy brad , stamping and papers! You went all out on this beauty. I really like that fancy brad!

JD/ Jill said...

Very pretty!

Kara said...

so beautiful!! she will love it!!

Sharron said...

Fabulous, Kelly--beautiful combo of papers! Love that you embossed the butterfly on patterned paper too. And that brad element looks gorgeous!

Vickie Z said...

Okay I don't have Nordic spring yet....you would think I had everything by now (or at least my hubs would think that)...then, you use papers that I don't have- I am so sitting on my hands since I need to use what I have!! You are tempting me girl!! Anyway back to the card....love that butterfly and labels 25 border with sentiment...mine just arrived yesterday!!

Renee said...

Gorgeous!!
I love these papers you have used...
sweet spring sunshine just like Kim...
that's what I think of!
And that butterfly...
it's gorgeous and perfect for Kim! :)
Love it all!

Joyce said...

This is absolutely gorgeous. I love the patterned papers you chose, and what a great combination. My mind is all about patterned papers this week, so that is what I noticed right away. I love what you did with that butterfly, too. Thanks for coming to Kim's birthday party.

Kim Heggins said...

Kelly this is so beautiful and so much amazing detail! I agree with Darnell, you should be one of the teachers for this patterned paper class, you have an incredible touch with paper. That butterfly is beautiful too and you fussy cut it just for me. Thank you so much for coming to my party, you are so sweet and thoughtful and it really brightened my day.