Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Waltzingmouse Stamps November Release Preview, Day 1

Claire has put together an outstanding release for the holidays with 8 wonderful sets to be released this Friday, November 2!  She has created Christmas sets the likes that have never been seen in stamp land!  Today we are previewing 2 sets, Yonder Star and Yonder Star Background.  Claire has decided to create full-size acrylic backgrounds in her wonderful and unique patterns!


Up first is a wine bottle wrapped in some festive red burlap and decorated with images from Yonder Star.  I have seen the Head Moustress herself do a fancy cascading tag, and wanted to try one out myself!


I stamped the sentiment and cut it out with a Small Labels Nestie.  Stamped the stars in VersaMark ink and heat embossed them with white powder.  Added some gingham ribbon from May Arts and a few rusty jingle bells and now I have the perfect hostess gift to bring to a holiday shindig :)

Next up is  Yonder Star paired with Yonder Star Background...


I stamped the image and sentiment from Yonder Star on Rustic Cream cardstock.  Then I made a little kraft wreath with the Martha Stewart branch punch.  I was going for a patina finish for the background.  I stamped Yonder Star Background in VersaMark ink on this cool blue paper from The Paper Loft.  I sprinkled clear embossing powder on randomly, and then went back and added some copper embossing powder in spots where the clear "missed."


After heat embossing it, I got a very fun effect!  A little bit textured like denim, and a little bit shiny to complete the rustic look!

Cannot even wait to use these sets again!  You'll probably be seeing them throughout my release projects...they are very addicting!  Now off you go to see the rest of the Design Team Members' projects!


 Supplies:

Wine Bottle tag:
Stamps:  Yonder Star, Waltzingmouse Stamps
Paper:  PTI Black and Vintage Cream
Ink:  Stampin Up Real Red, VersaMark
Other:  red burlap, A Muse Studio white embossing powder, SU eyelets, twine, Small Labels Nestabilities, May Arts gingham ribbon, rusty jingle bell

Rustic Wreath card:
Stamps:  Yonder Star and Yonder Star Background, Waltzingmouse Stamps
Paper:  The Paper Loft Serendipity Collection, Echo Park Homemade Collection, PTI Rustic Cream and Kraft cardstock
Ink:  VersaMark, Fresh Ink in Honey, Memento Espresso Truffle
Other:  Hero Arts Ultra Fine clear embossing powder, Ranger copper embossing powder, Standard Circle Nestabilities, Martha Stewart Branch Punch, Waltzingmouse Stamps chocolate twine, rusty jingle bell

15 comments:

Pauline said...

Fab bottle holder Kelly, I love your cascading tag, and the wonderful warm feel of your card.

Sandie said...

The bottle holder is a wonderful idea and the effect you achieved on the card is brilliant! Wonderful projects Kelly.

Sarah Martina said...

Oh how pretty! I love the sweet wreath you created! :)

Julia Aston said...

what a great wine bottle wrap Kelly! the black and white star look wonderful against the red - and love your rustic card with the pretty punched wreath framing!

Bonnie said...

Oh I LOVE that bottle holder and your wreath is beautiful!! Fabulous samples Kelly!

Jill Norwood said...

Love the background you created! Incredible projects as always!!!! Your blog is always one of my favorite stops!!

Renee said...

Gorgeous!!
You know I die over that wine tag...
just DIE!!
That sentiment...
I love it so much!!! :)
And then the card...
OMGosh...
I LOVE it!!
The patina effect...
stunning!!
And then add the wreath and sentiment...
Kelly it is gorgeous!!

Deborah Frings said...

What a fabulous card - the background looks like you've stamped on denim!!! Love the texture here. And that cascading bottle tag is super!

Tracey McNeely said...

Stunning projects both of them. That wreath is incredible.

Shannon White said...

Wow!! Love your Fab bottle wrap and Darling tag Kelly! And I Love the warm county rustic feel of your Wonderful Christmas card too! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

LaurieJ said...

I love your tag, Kelly! But I must say, your card has stolen my heart. It made me gasp! Everything about it is perfect - the colors, the embossing, the wreath. Wow!!

Cathy Weber said...

What a neat way to use the embossing powder Kelly! Wow, I never would have thought to use two colors like that, such a gorgeous effect. Love the added pine branches and your red/black Yonder stars look beautiful on the red burlap bag!

anya said...

Gorgeous! Love your cascading tag, its perfect decoration for the gift. Your rustic wreath is beautiful, the background you created with your embossing technique has so much texture! Love them both!

Becca Feeken said...

Love the earthy, rustic feel of your cards today - they're simply cozy!!

B said...

What a great bottle holder!