Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Waltzingmouse Stamps July Blog Party!


It's the 17th, and that means a Blog Party with Waltzingmouse Stamps!   The theme this month is The Great Outdoors!  My card is inspired by the summer mornings I spent picking berries at a local farm here in upstate New York!

My Mom and I used to visit my sister for the summer.  My nephew and I are only 3 months apart in age, and he had been working at the farm so they asked if I could help out, too.  We would get up really early when it was still cool and work until about 10:00 AM.  Scott used to "choose" which row I should be in after we were assigned an area by the family running the farm.  You were paid by the amount of pints you picked, and it was quite a lot of money for a 12-13 year old!  After a week or so, I figured out that he always gave me the bad ones...you know, the ones with the least amount of berries, and then he would leave the good row for himself so he could fill more pints.  Well one day, I found a 20.00 bill sticking out of the mud in my row!   Sure made up for all the berries I was lacking :)  I waited until my Mom picked us up to pull it out of my pocket (was afraid he might tackle me and try to get it if there were no witnesses!)...that taught him a lesson, hee!

That's me, and my nephew Scott and his sister (my niece) Becky!

Alrighty, on to my card!  I loved all of the pinks and patterns in this summery paper from Pretty Little Studio.  It's from the "Sandcastle" Collection which also fits the great outdoors theme :)  The sentiment is from Big Berries-Strawberry which is available now in the store!  The paper bow is made with an adorable die from Lil' Inkers Designs.


I used the sweet woven basket image from Bountiful Baskets Additions and filled it with berries made with the tiny heart and leaves included in the new Jar Fillers-Jam Packed set (also available now)!  I stamped them in 2 colors, then stamped off and filled in some of the spaces in between.



Claire has a Mr. Linky set posted on her blog HERE.  You have 24 hours to play along, and 1 randomly-selected participant will win a stamp set of choice. She will also highlight some extra-special entries on her blog on July 20th.  Off to visit your blogs on this great outdoor adventure!  Thanks for stopping by today!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Bountiful Baskets Additions, Big Berries-Strawberry, Jar Fillers-Jam Packed, all Waltzingmouse Stamps
Paper:  Pretty Little Studio's Sandcastle Collection, PTI White and Rustic White, A Muse Studio Blush
Ink:  Fresh Ink in Red Currant and Basil, A Muse Studio Ink in Burano, Memento Espresso Truffle
Other:  Lil' Inkers Designs Small Bow die, Spellbinders Petite Oval (Small and Large) and Scalloped Circle Nestabilities, twine, A Muse Studio pink pearls, white rose sticker  from Hobby Lobby

27 comments:

Carla said...

this is great! Love the bow!!!! Everything is nice and the colors too. Love from Holland.

Jeanne J. said...

OOOOhhhhh!! Kelly this is beautiful! Love all the pink houndtooth, that bow, and wow that close up of the basket of berries has me drooling! Loved your story too - nothing like finding money where you least expect it!!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Awwww...how very cute and oh so clever. What a fabulous design and I love your paper bow. I've made several, but haven't used any of them yet...LOL...I guess I just like making and looking at them.

Julia Aston said...

wonderful colors on this Kelly - (love your farm work story too!) The little berries look SO cute and tasty nestled inside your basket - love the papers you used and that fun paper bow!

Cathy Weber said...

How sweet...and summery...and pink! Love all the sweet strawberries you packed into your basket Kelly and the cute lil inker bow was a great touch to this summer-inspired card.

Cammie said...

Pure summer sweetness.

Melissa said...

Eeeee, so sweet and cute! Love all the lovely peachy-pink and yellows and those sweet heart berries are gorgeous!

Renee said...

I love the story...
have you ever confessed to the $20?:)
And I love this card...
the colors...
the patterns...
that fabby bow!;)
But the basket of sweet berries...
I die!!
I love it all...
just gorgeous!! :)

Joyce said...

Great card, and such a fun story. Those strawberries are so sweet.

Marlena M. said...

I love your sweet card~the bow, berries and pearls are so yummy together! I love your story too, LOL, GOOD FOR YOU!

Tara Cardwell said...

I love your basket of berries - it's making me hungry!

Great story too.

Tara
x

Vickie Z said...

Wonderful story....you deserved that $20!!!! Wonderful pic too! Love the soft colors and the little basket with strawberries....the basket is on my wish list!!! Pearls and bow are a perfect touch!!

Peanut said...

Pretty! Every last detail - simply pretty. So fresh, so clean, so PRETTY. Sounds like berry picking can be very rewarding... I should give it a go!

Sarah said...

So pretty...love the teeny berries and the elegant bow.

anya said...

Now how cute is this?!? I love your creative little basket of berries! Beautiful patterned papers, too, but that's nothing new!

Antje said...

Love the paper bow you made and all the perls around the basket make it so special!

Pauline said...

Super sweet card Kelly, I love the papers and the scalloped aperture with that fabulous basket of berries!

Deborah Frings said...

I love the way you've made the strawberries in your basket. This is just gorgeous!! I really enjoyed your post too - I love picking strawberries (and eating them) fresh!

Sharron said...

Wow, Kelly, this is the SWEETEST card! You added so many adorable elements. And it's just perfect for summer! I love your basket of heart-shaped berries and all the gorgeous patterned papers. Love the bow too!

Marybeth said...

OHHHHHH I love this one Kelly! As soon as I saw it I loved the sweet mellow yet happy colors. What a fun little story and the money was meant for you. :) This is sooooo gorgeous, can you tell I love it!

Kim Heggins said...

Such a wonderful and sweet story! How fun to be the one to find the $20.00 bill. Your card is just so sweet and your basket, just perfect!

Clare said...

SO Sweet! Love the colors and that fabulous bow!!

Unknown said...

lol, cool story!! good for you!! and your card is delish!! so pretty! I love that you filled that wee basket with mini berries!! super idea! hugs!!

Mona Pendleton said...

What a sweet card Kelly! Love the mouth watering heart/ strawberries! So cute and creative!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

What a great story, Kelly! I love your little berry basket and the colors you chose are perfect!

Grá O'Neill said...

Beautiful Summery card, love the berries & the bow :)

Savitri said...

OMG!! TOOOO CUTE!!! Love!!