Sunday, May 8, 2011

Heather Bailey inspired...like Betsy!

For this week's Inspiration Challenge at SCS, the website Henrietta's Handbags.  I chose the "Smarty Girl Book Bag" by Heather Bailey under the Purse Patterns section of the website.  Here is a picture:


I took inspiration from THIS POST by Betsy Veldman in June, 2010 when she, too, was inspired by Heather Bailey's fabrics.  I remembered this card that Betsy did, and when I saw the Heather Bailey bag, I had to go back and look at it!  Here is my card:


All of the stamps on this are from Papertrey Ink:  Year of the Flowers: Roses, A Little Argyle, the "feathery" pattern from First Fruits, stripes from Faux Ribbon, and Tiny Tags.  I made my rose with watercolor markers and a waterbrush, and popped up some pieces on dimensionals.  Also did some cutting like Betsy did!  The rose was stamped in Versamark ink on watercolor paper, and then embossed with A Muse Studio's Satin Pearl embossing powder. 

This card took forever, and I am not sure if I am totally happy with it...BUT it was so much fun getting to stamp a little bit while Jason whisked the girls away for a bike ride on this Mother's Day :)

4 comments:

Romaine said...

It is lovely, and looks just like your inspiration!

Ann said...

Lovely combination of backgrounds and your rose is beautiful Kelly. I love Heather's blog - its so vibrant isn't it.

Wendy ten Hove said...

I do love this card, Kelly! That rose is sooo gorgeous!!! The pearl embossing looks awesome and the dimension tou created is just perfect! Pretty, pretty colors, gives you a sunny summery feeling, love it!!!
Wishing you a lovely day!
Hugs, Wendy

Michele (mitchygitchygoomy) said...

This is amazing, Kelly. I love all the work you put into creating the different bgs and the gorgeous color on that rose. How is that grand calibur working for ya?!! (I wrote to pat smethers about our weekend and told her you won an excalibur!!) Did you ever find out what came up for your stamp friend?!! As always the time was too short. We really need to get together (just the two of us to talk and stamp) I truly enjoy our tiny spurts of time together! Now we just need a BIG BLURT of time...take care