Monday, September 28, 2009

It's Beginning...

...to look a lot like Christmas!

I really love making any Christmas/winter cards!  Today's Featured Stamper at Splitcoast was a friend of mine, Nancyruth Levine!  For the challenge, you are to take a card of Nancyruth's and change at least 2 things.  I chose to case this card seen here:

Peace on Earth, by Nancyruth

I kept the general theme, and I also used decorative paper by SEI, just used a different sheet from the Alpine Frost Collection.  Changed the layout a bit, and added this cute sentiment from the Ric Rac Circle set by Pink Persimmon.  Made the moon and snowy ground by sponging around a circle punch and wavy piece of paper, then removing it.  Added lots of Crystal Snow by Stampendous.

Nancyruth is someone who participates regularly in the challenges at SCS, and she makes the most wonderful cards!  Whenever I see her cards, I think that she just stamps with PURE JOY...and I get the feeling!

3 comments:

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Beautiful, Kelly! A fabulous tribute to sweet NR!

Crystal said...

Kelly this is wonderful!!! I love this scene you created!

Joan Ervin said...

This is such an adorable card, Kelly...I love the little scene you created and the buttons are the perfect detail!!!!